Monday, July 27, 2009

Who Knew

We are getting ready to leave Utah. And I am so excited to finally be going to the place we will call home. At the same time I am breathless thinking of the blessings God has given us through this journey.
Jasmine and I left Nebraska weary and wishing we were just going home. We wanted to be with Scott, but really I just wanted to have the whole thing done. But you know what? Once again God showed me that He knows better than me what I need.
The drive to Provo was amazing and Jasmine and I enjoyed the whole trip. As we neared Provo and the Residence Inn where Scott is living we were overwhelmed at each awesome view around every bend in the highway: mountains and lakes, a river and a waterfall right along the road. Jasmine couldn't contain her excitement and took pictures as we drove.
We have been here almost 3 weeks and it has been the family vacation that has been long overdue. We visited Bridal Veil Falls, the Provo River; we jet skied, boated and tubed on Deer Creek Lake and floated on the lake and relaxed at Jordanelle State Park; we bought fresh cherries and cherry products at the Red Barn and visited Young Lavender Farms; we rode the chairlift at Sundance Ski Resort (and if you know me and how I feel about heights you know how amazing that is!), we saw the Great Salt Lake and took in the sights of Salt Lake City - ending the night at the Red Iguana, which we found out had been featured on the Food Network.
I have also spent some time reading and Ken Mansfield in "Between Two Wyomings" spoke of the Who we all live for and then referenced a friend who always says, "Who knew?" and Ken said, exactly, "Who knew!" That is what I know to be true, the Who that has a plan for me has ideas and goals and plans I would never imagine. And I can't wait to see what's next.


Scott and Chris in Salt Lake CityJasmine tubing Deer Creek Lake
Young Lavender Farm
Scott and Jasmine at the Provo River


Chris at Sundance (with Jas' feet)


Jasmine floating at Jordanelle


Bridal Veil Falls

The Great Salt Lake





No comments: