Saturday, February 14, 2009

See! The winter is past;

Truly, the winter may not be past according to the weather, but it is past for me in the time that Scott and I are apart. And of course, I am thinking of that today on Valentine's Day.
We have been blessed during this absence with the technology that has allowed us to talk almost every day without breaking the bank. And recently with the addition of Scott's web cam finally working we can see each other sometimes, too. On the days I don't hate technology, I really love it!
I like to think I value my husband pretty well most of the time. But something has happened in the past few weeks to increase my appreciation for him. I don't know what has done it, but it is there. I feel almost a new love for him. That is a pretty amazing gift when you are coming up on 25 years of marriage and I wanted to take this opportunity on a sort of public forum to make that declaration.
To all my dear married friends I encourage you to remember the times you have been apart (since most of you are military, I know you can do that) and think of how you didn't care about the little stuff so much and just wanted to be back together again.
I pray that I will remember it too when Scott comes back home in April.

1 comment:

Me & My 3 Sisters said...

I love this message! It is so true. When Jimmy was in Iraq, we couldn't wait until we were reunited, all those little things that came between us as a couple didn't matter in comparison to the rest of our lives and the fact that he came too close to harm's way makes you realize that each day together is a gift.

PS Love the Daisy Ticker too!