I wonder if the unknown author knows that there is a secret to Noah's success. Noah could not fail; as long as he followed the plan, he could not fail. He was following the directions of the Master builder.
God gave him everything he needed; He gave him detailed instructions; He gave him encouragement. Noah was brave, yes, but not for trying something new. He was brave because he was obedient; he believed God when everything and everyone around him said, "This is crazy; you can't do it, why do it?, it doesn't make sense." He believed God and demonstrated his faithfulness in his obedience.
So am I brave just for trying something new? I don't know, maybe.... but if I am brave enough to try what God asks me and if I follow His directions I will not fail.

4 comments:
My opinion, of course you are brave for trying something new! If I hadn't wanted to try something new, I wouldn't have tried new foods (sushi, sheep's milk cheese) or visited exciting places (Poland, Greece, Germany, and even FLW!) or even got an "A" in Algebra. God made this beautiful planet and everything in it for man's enjoyment (before the fall anyway.) One quote I keep with me whenever I'm faced with doing something I haven't done before: "All things are difficult before they become easy."
Love you girlfriend!
PS Are you keeping up with Beth Moore's challenge for 2009? (Check out her blog if you're interested.)
Hey Annie,
I checked out Beth's blog last night; are you talking about the scripture memorization? Are you doing that? I need to read all the info again, but I am willing to give it a try.
Yes, she said you (anyone) can pick up where we are too. Her goal for us was that we'd memorize 24 scriptures by the end of the year. All you have to do is pick a scripture that you need or you can pick the one she's picked and meditate on it for two weeks. By the end of the year we'll have 24 that we can just roll off our tongues. The video tutorial was real helpful so I'd suggest you watch that. I'm still trying to decide on the my next scripture. Once I do (probably in the next few minutes) I'll just go to that day on her blog (Jan 15th) and leave a comment, which will be my name and city and the verse and the version. That's all. It's an accountablity step to help us who need that.
Annie,
I'm planning on joining in; I know what scripture I am going to use. Just got back from a quick trip to Nebraska (brrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!) so I am a little out of it tonight, but hope to log on to LPM tomorrow; here is my verse:
Ruth 2:12
May the Lord reward your work, and your wages be full from the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to seek refuge.
Post a Comment